The desire to prevent tooth decay is one of the main reasons men and women visit their dentists
Today we are going to review 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities are also called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings develop. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Poor dental hygiene
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call your dentist today to schedule an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among young children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Avoiding cavities is straightforward. Be sure to brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right, skip frequent snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are in the market for quality dental care in the Kennesaw area, give Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry a call. We have been treating dental patients in and around Kennesaw since 1996.
Contact Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):