Do you have a young child? Why are dental sealants important for kids’ oral health?
1. Children without sealants have almost three times more tooth decay than children with sealants. (Centers For Disease Control)
2. Sealants may be covered by your Georgia dental insurance plan. For moms and dads without dental insurance, sealants are worth the price. You will likely forego fillings and additional dental visits. Note that some Georgia dental insurance providers have age limitations for sealants. Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry recommends having sealants applied as early as possible.
3. With proper care, sealants can last for many years. They safeguard your child during the years they are most likely to get cavities.
By practicing careful dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects, your child can maximize their lifespan.
4. The application process is painless. Teeth are cleaned, dried, and then the liquid sealant material is applied to teeth. It hardens quickly. Your child won’t need to skip meals after the procedure.
5. In some situations, sealants can be placed over existing tooth decay to prevent further damage. Dr. Anderson will determine if your child is a good candidate for this application.
Sealants, oral hygiene, a balanced diet, and dental cleanings are vital for pediatric dental health.
Contact Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):