“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin said that in the 1730s as advice for fire safety, but at Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry in Kennesaw, we can apply it to dental health.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
1. Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
2. Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
3. Wear a protective mouthguard when participating in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
4. Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
5. Avoid piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a dangerous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
6. Refrain from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
7. Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
Helping our dental patients establish good habits is important to us at Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry in Kennsesaw, and so is helping them achieve the smile they want. Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule an appointment with us today.
Contact Russell Anderson Jr. Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):